Thursday, June 20, 2013

Too Tired to Think




July 30th, 2008

Dear Family,

Sorry it's been so long since I wrote. I spent last week in Idaho with Holly and her new baby girl.

Things seemed to be OK here in Snowflake, but as I'm sure most of you have already heard, mom's brother-in-law, Uncle Leo, passed away. His funeral will be this coming Saturday down in Mesa, and Aunt Sharon and I will take mom and dad down.

Last Saturday Aunt Linda took them down to the Valley for the day. Mom wanted to find a better way to fix her hair, and to do a little shopping while dad visited with Uncle Keith.. I met them there on my way home from Idaho, and drove back with them to Snowflake. They did pretty well, but by the time we got home dad was pretty disoriented.

Yesterday, Aunt Linda drove us all over to Flagstaff for a day of shopping. Again, dad did pretty well, but by the end of the day he was getting more and more confused. I guess it makes sense that when he's tired his mind has a harder time keeping things straight. To tell you the truth, just the fact that he wants to go places like the mall with mom shows how strongly he loves and cares for her. It's really sweet.

I hope all is well with each of you.

I love you, Aunt Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment