Thursday, June 27, 2013

Grandpa Lost His Mine (d)




November 10, 2008

Dear Family,

Guess what? It snowed here last night! Just a little, but it makes it feel more like the holidays. I hope all of you are having a happy fall. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all get together this year? Oh well, maybe someday.

We found out why mom has been so tired lately. She has pneumonia! Uncle Alan is taking good care of her, though, and she should get feeling better soon. Dad is doing OK, but he has been kind of uncomfortable the last few days. Hopefully he will also get feeling better as soon as mom is able to go out to visit him again.

I went to the Carriage House to see dad today, since mom is too sick to go. I fed him his lunch, which he didn't eat much of, but he tried. I am impressed with the staff at the nursing home. They are all so kind and patient, and they really seem to love dad. The nurses have commented more than once on how sweet he is. I guess they see all kinds of patients, and sometimes dementia can cause people's personalities to change. Dad seems to have just become even kinder and nicer. The young nurses have also commented on how blue his eyes are. They are, you know.

Russell went quail hunting in Cochran last weekend. When he called to tell me it reminded me of the time we all went camping there. We had a great time, didn't we?

Then I remembered a Saturday a few years later when dad went with us to show us where Grandpa Johnson's mine used to be. It was in the same area as Cochran. I got a phone call later that afternoon from our neighbor. She said she had seen Kami in the backyard, and asked her where we were that morning. Kami told her that we had gone to help grandpa, because he had lost his mind. I have a feeling dad would appreciate that story right about now.

Hey, I love you guys! Thanks for all the good memories and your love. Have a great week!

Love, Aunt Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment