Saturday, June 29, 2013

"I Love You"



December 16, 2008

Dear Family,

I am getting really excited, because I am going to get to see a lot of you in the next few weeks. I'm sure glad Nathan is getting married, so Phillip and Tammy and their family will have a reason to come visit. I'm sorry we won't get to see you, Julie, and your family, but we did get together not too long ago, and it was fun!

Things are about the same here in Snowflake. Dad sleeps most of the time now. If you put something in his mouth he will usually chew it up, but he keeps his eyes closed. Last Sunday when we were leaving the nursing home I gave him a hug and a kiss and told him I loved him. Dad whispered back, “I love you, too.” It's been a long time since he has responded like that, and it made me cry. He also told mom goodbye, but by the time Sharon hugged him he was too tired to even whisper any more, which made her very sad, darn it all.

We will be thinking about all of you during the next few weeks, and hoping you are happy and well. We sure do love you.

Love, Aunt Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment