Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"Act Enthusiastic and You'll Be Enthusiastic" June 4, 2008



Jun 4, 2008

Hi, family, How are you?

Dad has been doing better, in a way. Uncle Alan gave him some medicine to take at night to help him sleep and keep him calm. It works well, but it also makes him kind of loopy in the daytime. Mom and dad tried to go to the store on Monday, and dad had a hard time not falling. By the time they walked to the back of Wal Mart and then up to the front again he was completely wiped out.
Dad seems to be really happy, though. Every time I go over he is smiling and cheerful, and tells me it is a beautiful day and all is well. It reminds me of Grandma Russell. She always greeted us with, “Isn't it a glorious day?” and she meant it.

Do you remember dad's favorite saying? “Act enthusiastic and you'll be enthusiastic.”

Moe mentioned the other day how cool it was that dad is always so positive.

“It's neat, because for his whole life dad has made an effort to be happy and enthusiastic, and now that he may not be able to consciously decide that he wants to act enthusiastic, it is so much a part of him that he is that way anyway,” Moe told me.

I hope that when I get old, I will be like that.

I love you all,

Aunt Gale

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aunt Gale! I just found your blog on Pinterest, and have been reading story after story for the past hour. I love it. It's so fun to read these stories. Love you and miss you.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete