Wednesday, March 20, 2013

More Blessings From Heaven



I was promised in a Patriarchal blessing I received when I was sixteen years old that I would not want for the necessities of life and my needs would be cared for and provided, as long as I had faith and trusted in the Lord and observed the laws and ordinances of the gospel. This blessing has been fulfilled, over and over again throughout my life.

When my ex-husband's estranged wife nearly had a nervous breakdown and demanded he take back the car he had given us I wasn't sure what we would do. I drove around an old, un-airconditioned car that my oldest son left behind when he went on his mission for a little while, but it was hot and miserable going anyplace. Within a few weeks my in-laws decided to buy themselves a new car, so they loaned us their old Oldsmobile. In my daughter, Alyssa's, words, it looked and smelled like a grandma-mobile, but it had air conditioning! Still, I wished I had a nicer, more comfortable and less smelly car to drive, but Moe did not want to go into debt, so we made do.

Then the most amazing thing happened; Moe's aunt passed away. She had no children, so it was her wish that each of her many (they had a very large family) nieces and nephews receive an inheritance from her. Quite unexpectedly, we got a check in the mail for $5,000! Moe looked and looked and finally found a very nice, used Ford Taurus with extremely low mileage. It was beautiful! Dark, midnight blue, like new upholstery, power everything, I felt like a queen when I got inside and drove it home from the used car lot. I was so happy!

We took the new car out for a spin that weekend, driving up to Prescott Valley just for the heck of it. It was so comfortable, the air conditioning was so cold, the ride so smooth! We had a ball, until we stopped to get hamburgers before heading home. Kami, who was only five, was sitting in the back seat behind me. Moe had rolled the windows down while we got our food, so he pushed the button to roll them back up before we headed home, only to hear a strangled cry from behind us. Poor Kami had stuck her head out of the window to see something, and was being squished by the closing glass. She never let her daddy forget about that one.

I told Heavenly Father thank you, over and over again, for my new car, I just loved it! But I felt a little guilty for having something so nice to drive, while Moe still drove around in a little pick-up he had inherited from his dad years before. After all, I couldn't help thinking Moe should have something from the money his aunt left him. Then, wonder of wonders, a few months later we got another $5,000 check in the mail from his aunts estate! This time I really couldn't believe it! Moe patiently shopped around until he found a really nice, used, cherry red, full sized extended cab pickup. He was in seventh heaven, and I was again reminded just how well the Lord took care of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment