Friday, March 15, 2013

Busy!


Krissi was so cute!  She was three when Russell left on his mission.  Not too long after I bought her a little broom and dustpan to play with in her toy kitchen in her bedroom.  The next day I went to get my broom out to sweep the floor, and there was her little broom standing next to mine in the broom closet.  She just melted my heart.

Her favorite thing to do was to call her "Russell Buddy" on her play phone to tell him she missed him.  We all did.  He missed us, too.  Maybe if things had been smoother as we got him ready, maybe if I had spent more time with just him, maybe if I'd been a better mother and prepared Russell for going out on his own more, he wouldn't have been so homesick.  Or, maybe not.

I didn't have time to worry too much, because I was so busy getting ready for Holly's wedding.  I spent most of my time working outside, planting flowers and getting ready for her reception, which she wanted to have in our back yard.  I was released from serving as a councilor in Relief Society that month, which helped give me some more time.  I missed associating with the wonderful women in our ward, but was asked to teach primary, which was the best calling for me right then.  After working with the women and raising teenagers, I'd forgotten how to teach little children, and it was good for me to be reminded of all the little songs and stories and games I used to know.  I hadn't realized how much I had neglected to share with Kami and Krissi.  Now I got to be with them every Sunday, and I was very glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment