Wednesday, February 15, 2012

One Smart Blonde

Well, Valentines Day is over, and so is the 100th Birthday celebration for the State of Arizona.  So what kind of stories should I tell you now?  How about a story about a smart blond?

One day there was a blond and a lawyer who sat next to each other on a flight from New York to California.  It was a long trip and the blond was tired.  All she wanted to do was sleep.  On the other hand, the lawyer was pepped up and wanted to talk.  He tried engaging the blond in conversation, but she politely refused and turned away to sleep.  Undiscouraged, the lawyer tapped her on the shoulder and tried again. 

"Lets play a game," he suggested.  "I'll ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer you give me $5.  Then you ask me a question and if I can't answer it I'll give you $5."

The blond rolled her eyes, then said, "No," and turned away.

"OK, how about this," the lawyer tried.  "I'll ask you a question and if you can't answer it you give me $5, but when you ask me a question if I don't know the answer I'll give you $500."  The lawyer figured the woman was a blond and there wouldn't be anything she could ask him that he couldn't answer.

Realizing that the man was not going to leave her alone until she played his stupid game, the blond finally agreed.

"Great!" the lawyer exclaimed.  "OK.  So how far is it from the moon to the earth?"

The blond didn't even try to figure it out.  She reached in her purse, pulled out a $5 bill, handed it to the lawyer and turned over to go to sleep.

"Wait," the layer said.  "Now it's your turn.  Ask me a question."

The blond looked at him for a few seconds, sighed, then asked, "What goes up a mountain with four legs but comes down with three?"

"What goes up a mountain with four legs and comes down with three?" the lawyer repeated, perplexed.  He got out his lap top and searched all of his references.  He tapped into the Air phone with his modem and searched the Net and the Library of Congress.  Frustrated, he sent E-mails to all of his coworkers and friends.  Finally, after an hour, he woke up the blond and handed her a $500 bill.

The blond took the money, put it in her purse, then turned back to finish her nap.  Frustrated, the lawyer shook her on the shoulder and woke her up. "You can't go to sleep," he demanded.  "You've got to tell me.  What goes up a mountain with four legs and comes down with three?"

Without a word, the blond reaches in her purse, pulls out a $5 bill, hands it to the lawyer, and goes back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment