Monday, January 28, 2013

Our First Kiss



The following weeks blurred together into so much fun. Moe came over most evenings, and although we didn't go out on any fantastic dates, we sure had a great time hanging out with the kids.

One night Moe and I went to the Temple to do sealings. For those of you who aren't familiar with Latter-day Saint Temples, they are holy places where couples can be married for time and all eternity, not just till death do you part. Because so many people have lived, loved, and not been blessed with the opportunity to be sealed, this ordinance can also be performed in the Temple for couples who are dead..

Moe and I spent a lovely evening being proxies for many couples. Usually the couples performing this ordinance are husband and wife, and sometimes the sealer will wink when he's completed a marriage and ask if they'd like to kiss, just like in a normal wedding ceremony.

Moe and I had been seeing each other for a long time by now, but I was still floored when the sealer gave Moe a big wink, smiled at me, and said, “You can kiss each other if you'd like.”

I blushed, and wondered what Moe was going to think of this. He wasn't a very showy person, and I kind of thought he might be uncomfortable kissing me for the first time, especially in front of other people, but I shouldn't have worried. Moe had an even bigger grin on his face when I looked back at him, then he leaned over and gave me a big, wonderful kiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment