Friday, January 20, 2012

The Most Beautiful Girl

Once, when I was a little girl, I read a story in the Children's Friend about a beautiful girl who learns what true beauty is.  This story changed my life.  It helped me get through the difficult years of childhood and adolesence when I felt like I was the ugly duckling trying to live in a world of beautiful swans.  I wish I could give credit to the author of this story, but I don't even know the real title.  I sure am thankful for it, though.  It made all the difference in the world to me.

Since this story is long, I will tell it over a couple of days.  So here goes......

The Most Beautiful Girl

Once upon a time there was a beautiful girl who lived in a lovely house with her mother and father.  Everyone thought she was the most beautiful girl in the world.  She wore gorgeous dresses made from silk and lace that floated around her and made her look lovely.  She wore long white gloves that covered her hands and her arms and kept her delicate skin smooth and soft and white.  She wore wonderful hats that shaded her face whenever she went outside and kept her skin smooth and fair.

This beautiful girl also had long, silky hair that shown like gold.  Every night her servants brushed it 100 times to keep it shiny and smooth.  In every way this girl was the most beautiful girl in the world, but best of all was the way her eyes sparkled every time she smiled, which was the loveliest thing about her because she smiled all the time, and her smile was like sunshine that made everyone feel happy and good!

One day a prince rode through the girl's village.  She happened to be walking down the street with her mother, and as the prince passed she looked up and smiled at him.  Immediately the prince lost his heart to the beautiful girl, and he made up his mind that he would marry her when he grew up.

to be continued...........

No comments:

Post a Comment