Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jack and Orrie

Have you ever had one of those days when you just felt yucky?  Or maybe blah is a better word.  It’s not that anything is really wrong, it’s just not right.  Well, that’s kind of how I’m feeling today.  I’m just in that “I really don’t care, I don’t feel like doing anything, I would rather just climb back into bed and go to sleep” zone.
I always get through these moods, they don’t last forever, but when I’m in the middle of a day like today it feels like it will go on and on.  The best thing for me is if something unexpected happens and I have to focus on that.  It gives me a direction to start going, and once I’m going it’s easy to keep on.
Perhaps, then, that is the best description for a day like today, directionless.  Not that there aren’t a million things that I could or should be doing, there are.  I just don’t have to do any of them right now, and I don’t feel like doing any of them.  I guess I function better under stress, when something is forcing me to move.
Oh well.
This isn’t really a story, is it?  But I have one for a day like today.  Mom used to tell it to us when we wanted her to tell us a story and she was either too busy, not in the mood, or she just wanted to tease us.  It went like this:
“I’ll tell you a story of Jack and Orrie, and now my story’s begun.
I’ll tell you another of Jack and his brother, and now my story is done.”
You know what?  We hated that story!  I wonder if you do, too?  If anyone is out there reading this blog, let me know, ok.  I'd love it if you gave me some ideas of what kind of stories you would like to read.  I bet there is a story that applies to every issue, problem, or event in life.  So give me one of your problems, and I'll try to tell you a story. 
Can you tell?  I really do need direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment