Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Tais's Story


Today's blog is going to be a teaser for my oldest granddaughter, Tais.  She is only thirteen, but already a budding author.

"Grandma," she asked me over the phone last week.  Could you put the beginning of my story on your blog, to see what people think of it?"

"Of course," I told her.  I was totally impressed that she was trying to write a book.

This morning I recieved a letter from Tais, including the beginning of her story.  I am no longer impressed, I am amazed!  I wish I could write like this.  So here goes.

Tais's Story

One fine autumn day, Tais larson was sitting in the livingroom of her grandmother's house with her cousins, Samantha White and Julie Davis.

"I'm bored," said Julie.  "There's nothing to do around here."

"You could read a book," their grandmother replied, "or go upstairs and play with Rylyn, Laci, and Noah."

But the girls, not wanting to play with their younger siblings, tried to think of something else to do.

Just then, Brayeden White, Kaylan May, and Zan Larson burst through the door.

"Guys, you'll never guess what we've found!"  Kaylan shouted.

"A book?" Tais guessed.

"A movie?"  Samantha tried.

"Some magical contraption to make our lives less boring?"  Julie said sarcastically.

"No, no, and yeah, right."  Brayden said.  "In the basement?  It's a treasure chest!"

"Is this like the time you saw a leprechaun in the Christmas decorations?"  Tais said.

"We're getting off the subject," Brayden replied,  "but this is real.  I saw it, Zan saw it, Kaylan saw it.  WE ALL SAW IT!"

"It better be," Samantha stated as they descended the basement steps.


(to be continued.)

No comments:

Post a Comment