Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I've Never Felt Better in Me Life!

Once upon a time, in a courtroom in Killarney, Ireland, (which is deep in Munster, Ireland) court was being held.  A lawyer was questioning a farmer who claimed to have been injured by the lawyer's client.

"Mr. O'Shea," the lawyer asked, "at the scene of the accident, did you not tell the Garda officer that you had never felt better in your life?"

"I did, sir," answered Mr. O'Shea.

The lawyer raised his eyebrows, gave the judge a quizzical look, then turning back to the farmer asked, "Well, then, Mr. O'Shea, how is it that you are now claiming you were seriously injured when my client's car hit your cart?"

Nonplussed, the farmer also looked at the judge and explained,  "Well, your honor, tis like this.   When the Garda came to check out the accident he first went over to me horse who had a broken leg.   When he saw the shape me horse was in he picked up his gun and shot him.  Then he went over to Darcy, me dog, who was badly hurt, and he shot him too.  Then the policeman came across the road, gun still in hand, and looked at me.  He said, 'How are you feeling?"  Me thought, under the circumstances, that it would be a wise choice of words to say, "I've never felt better in me life!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment