Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Six Months

Six Months

One day a woman went to see her lawyer, asking him to draw up papers so she could divorce her husband.  She told the lawyer that she really wanted to make her husband pay for all the years of misery she had endured with him, so she wanted the lawyer to make the divorce as nasty possible.

The lawyer told the woman that if she filed for divorce now it would probably make her husband happy.   Obviously he didn’t love her any more than she loved him.  On the other hand, the lawyer said, if the woman would wait six months to file for divorce they could fix it so that her husband would be devastated.  All the woman had to do was to be as nice as possible to her husband during those six months.  Then the husband would really be sorry when she dumped him

After thinking about it for a while the woman decided this was a good plan.  So for the next six months she worked as hard as she could to spoil, baby, and be sweet and loving to her husband. 

When the six months were over the lawyer called the woman and told her he had divorce papers all ready to serve to her husband.  The woman gasped in disbelief and said, “Divorce him?  Heavens no, I don’t want to divorce my husband.  He has become the sweetest, kindest, most lovable man in the world!”

1 comment:

  1. You may have noticed that so far all of the stories have been about relationships between married couples. There is method to my madness. I chose to begin with these stories because this is my anniversary. Moe and I have been married for 18 years today, so it seemed appropriate to tell some my of favorite husband and wife stories. I have a couple more, then I'll move on to Christmas, I think. Have fun reading.

    ReplyDelete