Sunday, April 7, 2013

April Conference


This is one of my favorite weekends of the year, April Conference.  Twice a year, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints holds it's annual, and semi annual, conference.  During five two-hour sessions, the prophet, apostles, and other leaders of the church give council and direction for the 14,000,000 members of our church.

Once in awhile, not as often as I would like, I am able to actually go to Salt Lake City and attend the actual conference.  Most of the time, though, I watch it on television. 

I am always surprised, when I am actually there, to see protesters standing outside of the Conference Center, holding signs and shouting disparaging comments about the Church. 

"If only they would go inside and listen," I always think, "they would see that we believe in the same Christ, and Gospel as they."

So today, if any of you are wondering what my church believes, you have chance to find out.  Go to LDS.org, to find discussions on our beliefs and answers to your questions.  You will also find links to watch the actual conference sessions. 

I would invite you, all of you, to come and see.  You will find the teachings of the Lord, Jesus Christ, whom we revere as our Lord, our Savior, and our God. 

Come, see.

No comments:

Post a Comment